Below is a list of book chapters. If you would like a pdf of one of these, please use the CONTACT tab above or email email@example.com
14. Bodie, G. D., & Wolin, A. D. (in press). Listening is more than meets the ear. In L. Aloia & J. Crowley (Eds.), The Oxford Handbook of the Physiology of Interpersonal Communication. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press.
13. Cannava, K., & Bodie, G. (in press). An analysis of two forms of verbal mimicry in troubles talk conversations among strangers and friends. Trends in Linguistics Studies and Monographs: Exact Repetition in Grammar and Discourse. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.
12. Bodie, G. D., & Denham, J. P. (2017). Listening in(to) close relationships. In M. Stoltz, K. P. Sodowsky, & C. M. Cates (Eds.), Listening across lives (pp. 41-61). Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
11. Bodie, G. D., & MacGeorge, E. L. (2015). Contemporary theories of supportive communication. In D. Braithwaite & P. Schrodt (Eds.), Engaging Theories in Interpersonal Communication (2nd ed; pp. 129-141). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
10. Beard, D., & Bodie, G. D. (2014). Listening research in the Communication discipline. In P. J. Gehrke & W. M. Keith (Eds.), The unfinished conversation: 100 years of Communication Studies. New York: Routledge.
9. Jones, S. M., & Bodie, G. D. (2014). Supportive communication. In P. J. Schultz and P. Cobley (Series Eds.) & C. R. Berger (Vol. Ed.), Handbooks of communication science: Vol. 6. Interpersonal communication (pp. 371-394). Berlin: De Gruyter Mouton
8. Bodie, G. D. (2013). Supportive communication and persuasion: Theoretical intersections. In J. P. Dillard & L. Shen (Eds.), The Persuasion Handbook (2nd ed.; pp. 237-255). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
7. Bodie, G. D. (2012). Listening as positive communication. In T. Socha & Pitts, M. (Eds.), The Positive Side of Interpersonal Communication (pp. 109-125). New York :Peter Lang.
6. Bodie, G. D., & Fitch-Hauser, M. (2010). Quantitative research in listening: Explication and overview. In A. Wolvin (Ed.), Listening and Human Communication in the 21st Century (pp. 46-93). Blackwell.
5. Bodie, G. D., Dutta, M. J., & Basu, A. (2008). The Integrative Model of E-Health Use. In A. A. Lazakidou & K . M. Siassiakos (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Distributed Medical Informatics and E-Health (pp. 104 - 116). Hershey, PA: Medical Information Science Reference.
4. Bodie, G. D., Fitch-Hauser, M., & Powers, W. G. (2008). Teaching social skills: Integrating an online learning system into traditional curriculum. In R. Zheng, & S. P. Ferris, (Eds.), Understanding online instructional modeling: Theories and practices (pp. 87-112). Idea Group.
3. Dutta, M. J., & Bodie, G. D. (2008). Web searching for health: Theoretical foundations and connections to health related outcomes. In A. Spink & M. Zimmer (Eds.), Web Searching: Interdisciplinary Perspectives (pp. 235-254). Dordrecht: Springer.
2. Whitten, P., Dutta, M. J., Carpenter, S., & Bodie, G. D. (2008). News media and health providers at the crossroads of medical adverse events. In K. Henriksen, J. B. Battles, M. A. Keyes, & D. E. Lewin (Eds.), Advances in patient safety: New directions and alternative approaches (Vol. 1, Assessment). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (Publication No. 08-0034-1). [pdf]
1. Dutta, M. J., Bodie, G. D., & Basu, A. (2007). Health disparity and the racial divide among the nation’s youth: Internet as an equalizer? In A. Everett (Ed.), Learning race and ethnicity: Youth and digital media (pp. 175-197). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.